Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Man That Gets It

Her hearing has not failed yet you repeatedly find it necessary to shout. How are you able to shout so loud wuth a mouth full of pride? Your pride needs to be swallowed or spit out. You demand that she spend more time in the house that you own, with a frequent emphasis on your ownership, yet you're rarely there, confining her to a humbling solitude. A solitude that once hurt until she learned to do without you. Now she cherishes your time away.
From Confessions of a Womanizer, by Stephen Chatman.

Amazing that a man who calls himself a womanizer & lives mainly outside the lives, the real lives, of women, could so articulate the circumstance...

1 comment:

stephen said...

I suppose I 'Get It' as I was on the outside looking into what I thought was my favorite married couple. I have not hit a girl since third grade (we made up) and I never raise my voice. I am guilty of allowing women to see my heart, only to yo-yo it when they need to touch it. It's been 4 years since Confessions was published and I can't say that I'm a better man - just a different.